As a member of our club, we understand you have the right to:
- Enjoy the time you spend with us and know that you are safe.
- Be told who you can talk to if something’s not right.
- Be listened to.
- Be involved and contribute to decisions within the club.
- Be respected by us and other team members and be treated fairly.
- Feel welcomed, valued and not judged based on your race, gender, sexuality, faith or ability.
- Be encouraged and develop your swimming, para-swimming, diving, high diving, artistic swimming, water polo and open water swimming skills with our help and support.
- Be looked after if there’s an accident or injury.
As a member of our club, we expect you to:
- Keep yourself safe by listening to your coach or teacher, behave responsibly and speak out when something isn’t right.
- Take care of our equipment and premises as if they were your own.
- Make it to training and competitions on time and if you’re running late, let a member of the club know.
- Make your coach or teacher aware if you have any difficulties attending training or competitions.
- Bring the right kit and sufficient fluids to training and competitions.
- Follow the rules of the club, squad or activity at all times.
- Respect the privacy of others, especially in the changing rooms.
- Make our club and activity a fun, happy, friendly and welcoming place to be.
- Respect and celebrate difference in our club and not discriminate against anyone else on the grounds of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, faith or ability.
- Understand that the use of abusive or inappropriate language, bullying, physical violence or any other behaviour which hurts others will not be tolerated by the club.
- Understand that poor behaviour may result in the club taking disciplinary action against you. Any conduct which may be a criminal offence will be reported to the police by the club.
- Report any incidents of bullying or unkind behaviour to the club, even if you’re just a witness.
- Support and encourage your teammates, tell them when they’ve done well and be there for them when they struggle.
- Respect athletes competing for other teams at competitions.
- Respect the committee members, coaching and teaching team and all volunteer helpers at the club.
- Get involved in club decisions, it’s your sport too.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action being taken against you by the club committee. Continued issues and repeated breaches may result in your dismissal from the club.