Terms of Reference
The content of this Code of Ethics applies to all those involved within the sports of swimming, diving, water polo, open water swimming and artistic swimming.
The Code of Ethics should be read in conjunction with the Codes of Conduct contained in Swim England’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures (Wavepower).
Code of Ethics
All individuals within the Swim England aquatic disciplines will at all times:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, be they adult or child, treating everyone equally within the context of the sport.
- Respect the spirit of the sport adhering to the rules and laws in and out of the pool, incorporating the concept of friendship and respect for others.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport and never condone the use of inappropriate or abusive language, inappropriate relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence.
- Accept responsibility for their own behaviour and encourage and guide all Swim England members and parents of junior members to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and conduct.
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in accordance with Wavepower.
- Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own safety and the safety of others.
- Promote the reputation of the sport and never behave or encourage or condone others to behave in a manner that is liable to bring the sport into disrepute.
- Adhere to Wavepower.
- Adhere to the Codes of Conduct contained in Wavepower.
- Adhere to Swim England’s Equality Policy.
- Adhere to the Rules and Regulations of Swim England.
- Adhere to the British Swimming Anti-Doping Rules.
- British Swimming Anti-Doping Rules apply to all members participating in the sport for a minimum of 12 months from the commencement of membership, in accordance with the Swim England Regulations and Code of Conduct whether or not the member is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK.
This Code of Ethics is part of the Swim England Handbook.